Broken links on your blog site can be a really big hassle especially if you don’t even know you have broken links.
Guess who does know…. “Yep, the search engine robots.” Broken links can harm your page ranking and also cause visitors to get a little pissy. So, let’s get them fixed right now!
This is so easy and quick to do.
The Broken Link Checker Plug-In.
Author: Janis Elsts
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work and missing images.
- Notifies you on the Dashboard if any are found.
- Also detects redirected links.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Link checking intervals can be configured.
- New/modified posts are checked ASAP.
- You view broken links, redirects, and a complete list of links used on your site, in the Tools -> Broken Links tab.
- Searching and filtering links by URL, anchor text and so on is also possible.
- Each link can be edited or unlinked directly via the plugin’s page, without manually editing each post.
I love this plug-in! It is fast and powerful. Simple to set up and has saved me many times.
Related Articles on how To Fix Broken Links:
If you have a website, I’m sure you’ve put a lot of hard work and long hours into making it a valuable resource for your visitors. But if your links aren’t working, it can derail all of your hard work. Broken links on your website can …
Publish Date: 06/02/2010 9:46